16th - 18th Aug 2013
World Dance Masters 2013 -
Friday 16 - Sunday 18 August 2013
SOCIAL (Spanish Hall, Baronial Hall, Empress Ballroom)
- Craig Bennett (ENG), Rachael McEnaney (ENG), Scott Blevins (US), Ria Vos (NL), Francien Sittrop (NL), Dee Musk (ENG), Shaz Walton (ENG), Karl-Harry Winston (ENG), Niels Poulsen (DK), Linda McCormack (SCO) & Helena Jeppsson (SWE)
- WDM International Choreography Competition
- Social dancing until at least 03:00am each night, maybe later :)
COMPETITION (Empress Ballroom)
- Solo, Duo, Quads, Partners, Team, Country Classic, Cabaret, Mum & Dads Dance Off, Open Freestyle
- Great Line up of Judges
WCS (Arena Hall)
- John Lindo, Jessica Cox, Lee Easton, Fabienne Henshall, More to be Confirmed
- WSDC J&J, Strictly Swing (Huge Prize fund)
- Full ProDanceFloor
- Dancing until at least 04:00am each night
- Incredible Shows
- On Site Vendors
Mon 3rd Jun 2013
Belfast Jazz Orchestra Big Band -
The Orchestra whose members come from all parts of Ulster, is dedicated to the encouragement of big band music such as the music of Frank Sinatra, Count Basie, Duke Ellington etc. A change to dance Swing.
Based at the C.I.Y.M.S. the Orchestra performs regularly at the Club on the first Monday of each month.
8.30 - 11.00pm
£2.50 at the door
Fri 7th Jun 2013
The Vertical Rhythm Swing Club in Dublin -
The Vertical Rhythm Club is a monthly Swing night, roughly the second weekend of the month. Dates for Jan - Mar are 14th January, 11th February & 4th March.
Thursday 20th June 2013
Muriel's Cafe Bar.... -
Thursday evenings from 21:00 - Le Rouge Et Noir....
A little jazz, a little swing, a wee bit of hop blues and just a smidgin of modern music 'in the style of'.
Not much space to dance but the vibe is mellow and the beer cold.....
Muriel's is on Church Lane, formerly Nichol (or The Glass Jar if you've got a long memory) and is beautifully retro styled with a very French feel...
Friday 21st June 2013
Vaudeville Swing at Cafe Vaudeville. -
Swing singer Martin McCafferty performs a laid back set of rat pack favourites.
every Saturday @ 5pm-7pm